- At first, analyze what causes network connectivity issue
- Then verify the wireless network settings
- Disconnect your device, TV from the Router and connect back after a while
- Check the cables connected to your device, Router and make sure that the connections are secure
- Do not provide the wrong credentials to activate the network connection
- We suggest not to connect multiple Roku gadgets to the same Router
- Restart your Roku device, TV, and Router. Then check if Roku Error Code 014.12 resolve
- Navigate to the Settings > Network and choose the option, Setup a new connection, if you would like to change the network
- Avoid placing electrical devices between your Roku device, Router
- Always place your Roku streaming device, TV close to the Router
- Check if you can improve wireless signal strength using range extenders
- Replace your device, Router with a new one if Roku Error 018 persist even after troubleshooting
We offer the best Roku technical support to set up and activate the Roku device and troubleshoot errors during the activation process. Visit on go.roku.com/technical support
If you are struggling with Roku Error code 009 and want to the how to fix it? The Roku Error code 009 pops up when your network is connected to the Roku device but cannot access the internet, or the network strength may be weak. Here are the quick steps to resolve it.
- Switch off your Wi-Fi router and unplug all the cables from the power outlet and router.
- After 30 seconds to 60 seconds, plug in all the wires. And now, turn on the Wi-Fi router to restart it.
- Make sure that your Roku device is working correctly.
- Keep your Roku devices between 10 and 25 feet away from the router.
- Please check your home network connection strength is good.
For further clarification about Roku error code 009, please contact our Roku tech support.